Vision & Values
“Building confidence and preparing students for life”
At Heathermount we work with students and families to acquire skills for independent living, academic and vocational excellence; tailoring the curriculum to meet their individual needs and interests. Our students’ mental health is paramount in preparing them for further education, training or employment.
- We pride ourselves on providing friendly, caring and stimulating learning environments with high levels of challenge and support.
- We have a safe, secure and understanding environment for all students and staff
- We strive to meet the different needs of every student in order to allow learning to take place using our Autism knowledge
- We are committed to providing high quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning.
- We will provide our students with key integrated therapy approaches using high-quality resources
- We have high expectations of behaviour and are committed to preparing students to courageously contribute positively and responsibly in society.
- Through our “READY” approach, we will develop our students’ mental health, emotional resilience, communication skills, and social skills.
- We will create exciting, fun and memorable experiences inside and outside the classroom
- We have positive relationships with families and the communities in which our pupils live, work and interact socially.
- Through our curriculum we will develop independence employability and social skills needed to actively demonstrate British values in an ever-changing world.
- We aim to promote greater understanding of autism both locally and further afield through our outreach and raising awareness programme